Friday, February 5, 2010

a busy weekend

For his Christmas present, Aunt Mandy (Chris's sister) gave Coy (and his cousin Ryder) a ticket to see Elmo Live! Ryder was really excited beforehand, but I don't think Coy really knew what he was going to see. Coy does like his Elmo doll, but doesn't watch Sesame Street much.



The show was Friday morning and it was great. Coy was fully engaged in the dancing, lighting, and music. I was nervous that he was going to be frightened of the 8 foot Big Bird, but he didn't mind it at all. He danced and clapped and covered his eyes when Elmo said to (I was really happy to see him do that).


Saturday was Chris's Rice Baseball Alumni game. He was pumped to take Coy on the field and let him run around. Again, momma was nervous that he'd get hit with a bat or ball, but all was well. Coy had a blast and ran around like crazy. He was picking up balls and bats and going every which way. The weather was gorgeous and it felt great to see some sunshine finally. Rice University is located directly across the street from the hospital that Coy was born in, spent 14 weeks in the NICU, and where I spent 14 weeks on bedrest. It was hard for me to think that just 2 short years ago, Coy was still in the NICU on a ventilator. It is just amazing to see how far he's come. I'm so proud of my little dude.




Today (Sunday) we took a stroll through a nature trail in our soon to be neighborhood. It was beautiful and so peaceful. Now that I've discovered it, I'm sure I'll be back more often to practice photography. It was so relaxing that Coy and Cydney both fell asleep in the stroller and slept the entire walk.





Whew, now off to sleep to rest up for a busy week!

3 comments:

  1. Is it okay to link the new blog to our blog? If not, I'll follow it privately, because it's way cool to know what's happening in Coy's life, in Cydney's, and in yours too!

    Best wishes for the new blog (and everything else---Coy looked spectacular out on the ballfield and dancing it up with Elmo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,
    You can absolutely link our new blog! Thanks for continuing to follow...I will need your wealth of knowledge and advice on Coy's sensory needs many times, I'm sure.

    As a Southerner, the snow you recently had looks like a blast. Although I've heard it can be a major pain to those who live in it!

    ReplyDelete