Monday, February 22, 2010

sleep, starbucks, and skinny jeans

I have been so tired this week. Chris was out of town most of last week and when he got back on Friday, we all came down with a stomach bug. Yucky. Not how we wanted to spend the weekend.

Last Thursday was preschool registration and Coy got a spot! Registration began at 9am, and I got there about 10 minutes after 8. I was #11. I'm excited and relieved that he's enrolled in preschool for next year, but I know I'll be a wreck the first few days we drop him off.

On a different note, our princess has gone from a great napper/ sleeper...to a very bad one. I have no idea what has changed. My guess would be the teething thing, but I have no idea. I really feel that I'll never sleep a good solid 10 hours (yes, I need 10 hours) ever, ever again. Obviously, I wouldn't trade it for the world, but geez, I'm tired.

And to make it worse...I gave up my precious Starbucks for Lent. Maybe that's why I've been so tired this week ;). Chris calls it "Fivebucks" and gets on me because I drink it too much. I knew that during Lent I had to quit it. And isn't it sad that I've had serious doubts that I could go without coffee for 6 weeks? Don't answer that; I already know the answer.

Finally, I can't get enough of Cydney in this outfit...her first (and probably only) pair of hot pink skinny jeans.

with Aunt Sara...taken with my phone...
her eyes look green here...i have no idea why...

Does it get any cuter than that?

4 comments:

  1. Cydney IS adorable! I love her hot pink skinnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you've given up all coffees or just Starbucks coffees? I see a possible loop hole...

    and I'm shocked the school process starts so early! By the time I have kids, I'm afraid I'll be enrolling him/her in the womb. Sheez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe love them!!!! Too precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. I wish my girls were still at the let them dress them age. But no. They have recess to think about!

    There is no Starbucks in our town. None. The closest one is about twenty minutes away. I dropped my Starbucks habit (TWO a day) quickly! I think I average about four a month now.

    ReplyDelete